Monday, March 11, 2019

Recent Photos

It was "spring forward" because of Daylight Savings Time this weekend.

I went to visit Mom and Dad as we are finally having decent temperatures and the traveling was good.  I had postponed the visit 3 times because the temps were in the -25C or worse for the last few weeks.

I captured some of the sparkle in the snow along the highway.  I was able to stop because it was near 0C which was very pleasant.

I loved the shadows I saw yesterday.  I have managed a few in this shot as well.















I finished this book.  It was story about Novalee, a pregnant 17 year old abandoned in a town in Oklahoma.

She meets a Sister Thelma Husband, a devout Christian and the welcoming committee for the town. Forney Hull, the man who runs the local library. Novalee seeks out Forney's help in caring for her buckeye tree, a gift from Benny Goodluck.   She be befriended by a photographer which was my favorite connection to Novalee.  The novel has a happy end because Novalee has finally found her native place where her heart is. There, Novalee regains her love and good luck, which she didn’t have all her life.

I attended my aunt's art reception on Friday. She was presenting her latest intuitive art series.

The weather in the morning was very snowy and travelling was not the best.  I pressed on as the roads were not slippery and the temperature was decent.

She really appreciated the support.  I brought healthy muffins and we had a sprinkle of folks drop by all afternoon. I managed the food while she visited with those who came to see the show.

I always enjoy spaghetti but don't want to used canned sauce from the grocery store.

I went on line and found Beef Stroganoff sauce.  It had lean ground beef, onions & garlic, mushrooms and canned tomatoes.

The sauce was made with white sauce, the tomato juice from the canned tomatoes, and of course sour cream.

I managed to freeze 5 containers to I can have this sauce a few more times.  Loved it!

I finally have all the plumbing jobs done in my place.

The kitchen sink drain has been cleaned to ensure no back flow of soapy water in the sink. That was Jan 24th.  It has been 6 weeks of making calls, waiting for response, more communication, water shutdowns, and plumbers from 2 different companies. 

This is the new sink, taps and aerator installed in the bathroom.  It is nice and shiny.  It was no dings in it and the best part is the underneath is no longer rusting and making a constant mess under the sink.

I have reorganized the storage under the sink as well so things are not just dumped in there.

With refurbished bathtub taps as well it is feeling like a new bathroom. No dripping taps, no mess, great storage all is good in there.

This is my Flickr Macro Monday submission for this week.  You can check out my Flickr photo stream here. 



 





I created the mosaic from great sunny shadow snow shots from Sunday.

Sharing at Mosaic Monday #18 hosted by Angie at Letting Go of the Bay Leaf.


Also sharing with Through My Lens 182 hosted by Mersad Donko.

4 comments:

  1. That was such a good book and I was thinking about it today....oddly enough! I loved the movie too...such a heart warming story! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - I can relate to emerging from the arctic blast … so glad you were able to get out and about with the improving temperatures. It was sunny and over 30 degrees F today - I almost felt like I could wear shorts and a t-shirt! Glad your plumbing problems are over - isn't it amazing how involved a "simple" thing can be? Thanks for linking up to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely sparkles and shadows. :-) I've seen the movie "Where the Heart Is" with a young Natalie Portman. I thought it was a great story.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad things are beginning to warm up for you. Our family in Alberta has said how cold it's been. It's good to have the plumbing issues dealt with! Glad your aunt's art show went well.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.