Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Sewing Project - Fitted Face Mask 2

I made another fitted face mask this week.  I chose to put elastics on this one which is how this one was designed.

I followed the free pattern provided from Sustain My Craft Habit Fitted Mask.

I used navy 100% cotton fabric from a men's shirt on the outside.  The inside is 100% Egyptian Cotton in a embossed yellow. These are heavy cotton fabrics which are recommended.

The mask also allows me to add a filter to the mask if I chose.  Today I ready that a non woven filter material similar to

your re-usable grocery bags could be used in it.  That is a great idea. It should be removed when washing the mask.  The material breaks down every time it is washed.  I would just soak it in boiling hot water to sterilize then reinsert into the washed mask.

I put in the piece of terry cloth fabric in this one also which helps to capture the moisture from your breath and not to fog your glasses.

Another check mark on the sewing ToDo list.

I bought small dollar store gloves the other day as I had lost at least one pair and this gives me a cushion.  I don't leave the house without gloves on.

It ensures at least 1 load of laundry a week in hot water.

2 comments:

  1. I have made some masks, but as I read this, I wonder if they really do the trick.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a bit different than mine, but I have a fitted one, too, and I really like it. I feel much more secure with it.I don't leave the house without gloves on either.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.