Tuesday, September 8, 2020

Sewing Project - Sewing Machine Cover

The cooler weather is here and I feel like staying indoors more.  That means the sewing projects are starting to be tackled.

The first was a cover for the sewing machine when it is left up.  This should only happen when I am in a midst of a project.  There is a window just above and I was concerned about dust getting into the machine. 

I chose a fabric leftover - Sweet Peas by P&B Textiles 100% cotton.  It measures 14" W x 9" T and 5" D.  The piece of fabric was just the right size no leftovers. 

I sewed the side seams then hemmed the bottom edge.

I then created my corners but putting a seam across the width. Measured down 2.5" ran my seam then tacked down the triangle to the sides.

I found some coordinating green fabric and made a handle about 1" wide. This was sewn in the center of the top to make it easy to remove. I reinforced the stress points on the handle as well as putting a piece of the same fabric on the inside.

I am very happy with this project. 

I have applied graphite lubricant to the mechanism that brings the machine up and down and that is working much smoother. 

I have added this lubricant to the rocking chair as well and the squeak is gone.


1 comment:

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.