Friday, September 11, 2020

Sewing Project - Photography Reflector

I found a photography reflector on my walk last week.  It had been thrown away because the system to keep it taut was broken. 

I decided I could redesign it for my studio.  I brought it home and washed first thing.

There was a large elastic around the edge that I removed.  Now it was flat. I cut it 16" tall and 27 "wide which the most I could get after straightening the curved corners.  I sewed some narrow bias tape on the right and left edges where was going to attach the elastics.  Finishes the edge and provides sturdiness for the elastic.


The corrugated plastics pieces I rescued earlier this summer are 19.5" W x 15" T.  I cut the elastic into 3 pieces and sewed the first end to the left hand edge.  I then placed it on the corrugated cardboard and determined where it had to be tacked to make the front tight. Brought it back to sewing machine and that was done!  

You can see the wood supports my brother-in-law made for me for these plastic sheets.  They work really well.  I have 3 sets. 

I made some changes to the studio also so I will do a post on those.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.