Saturday, May 1, 2021

Birthday Card & Gift

A birthday card for my grand niece who is celebrating a teen birthday this week. 

I started with a deep purple card which is her favorite color. I chose a pearl white layer which I embossed with Sizzix Christmas Dots embossing folder.  

I mounted with 3D foam tape the Marianne Design Creatables Lady Charleston Die cut in black card stock.  The greeting is cut from black as well with the Dee's Distinctively die. I received this die cut for a card exchange buddy.

I cut the Poppystamps Craft Die by Memory Box TILDA BUCKLE from black as well and strung a length of pink stitched grosgrain ribbon through it.  I taped the ends to the back of the layer.

This layer was adhered to the front of the card base.


 

She will be receiving my old machine as a gift which allows her to graduate to an adult machine.

Her mother, grandmother and I have shared the expense.  It has been a great machine and I wish her many years of sewing projects on it.

She comes by her love of sewing honestly with most of the women of my family partaking in the activity.

You can see the thread catcher in the bottom right hand corner in the next post.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.