Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Cmas Card Challenge - February - Textiles

This is my card for February's Christmas Card Challenge.  The challenge is Accents - Textiles so I selected flocked ribbon and felt to use in my card design.
I selected a green card and added a rich red diamond patterned paper for the background.  I cut 2 scalloped borders with a (Die-namics die) thin die from gold textured paper which I placed straight sides together and glued about 2/3 down from the top.  I cut a piece of white felt about 1/2" wide and glued that over the join of the gold pieces.  I recycled flocked ribbon (see below) left over from a Christmas Wreath project years ago.  I cut the poinsettia from this material with a small Marianne Design Creatables thin die.  I cut another from green card stock same as the card.  I selected a large gold sequin with a gold mini brad for the center.  This accent was attached to the card with the gold brad.
What textile will you select for your card? Here's a few ideas.  Textiles - Ribbon (silk, satin, gross grain, seam binding, organza), fabric, cording, felt, yarn, fiber, lace, silk flowers.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.