Monday, February 20, 2012
After a bit of research I decided on a 8x8" scrapbook. I found a black leather look one. She selected a black and white stripped ribbon which would add a bit of a focal point to the front cover. I diecut a red ribbon slider with a Spellbinder die. To it, I added a white paper flower and a metal medallion and held it all in place with a tiny black brad. Once it was strung onto the ribbon I just knotted the ribbon onto the album placing the knot to the inside.
Then I went looking for paper for the pages. I tested the weight of many sheets of paper. I looked at drawing paper, watercolor paper, and sketch paper. I needed 10 sheets for the actual signatures and greetings then a few pages in the front for "then and now" photos. I settled on a pad of white 90lb watercolor paper with 15 pages. I determined that the sheets should be 8"Tx9.25"W based on the page protectors I had removed from the album. I cut the paper down to 8.5 x 11 so I could put them through my printer. Then I designed the pages on the computer and printed them in black. The sheets were then was cut down to the correct size. I punched the holes in the pages on the left hand side based on the spacer that came with the album. She had asked to have a bit of accent added to the pages. Based on the red on the front I stamped a small flower on the left hand corner of the pages and added a small swirl on the bottom right hand side in Real Red. The album has a sleeve at the back for a CD so that photos from the event can be stored for history's sake. She will find a photo which is just right for the front cover.