Saturday, September 1, 2012

Christmas Card Challenge - Sept - Focus Words

This is my card for my September Christmas Card Challenge which is Focus - Words.  I selected my designer paper from my Christmas drawer - Little Yellow Bicycle - Blue Harlequin. The diamonds in the top right hand corner are blue foiled.  I decided on a large greeting which would cover most of the card.  An easy way to do make elements the size you need is Cricut. I browsed through my cartridges and chose `Joy to the World` on the Winter Frolic cartridge. I selected a deep blue card stock based on the DP.  I cut the shadow in vellum just to provide some outline to the words. I found Kiwi Kiss matched well as the card.  I cut the DP to size and rubbed the edges on my Kiwi Kiss ink pad to get rid of the white edge. I added a length of 5/8 inch Kiwi Kiss gross grain ribbon which I taped to the back and brought the flag trimmed end to the front and adhered. I chose a large sequin which matched the foil color perfectly, then I layered a small white sequin and held it all in place with a tiny navy star brad. I placed three of them along the ribbon. I think it adds the right amount of bling.  I placed snail adhesive on the back of the blue greeting then placed it on the vellum shadow.  I then added adhesive to the back of the vellum and placed on the card front.  It makes for a non-traditional colored card but I am happy with it.

2 comments:

  1. Oh how pretty!!!!! Love this card!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very nice. Thanks for sharing.
    Margot

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.