Saturday, March 1, 2014

Christmas Card Challenge - March - Vellum Poinsettia

The challenge is using vellum on your Christmas cards.  This opens the challenge up to almost anything.

I brushed the back of the 8.5x11 vellum with Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Bundled Sage and Tattered Rose.  Then I cut the poinsettias with the Tim Holtz Tattered Poinsettia die which has 3 different sized flowers.  I place 2 green ones at the back then the rose ones in front in two different sizes.  I wanted to keep the feel muted and soft so I used brushed gold brads in the centre.  I chose a warm white card and then embossed another piece of the same card stock with the Cuttlebug D'vine Swirl folder.  I wrapped the embossed layer with 2 pieces of green seam binding which the ends were taped to the back.  I mounted the poinsettia to the card front with 3D foam tape. Super happy with this one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.