Sunday, March 30, 2014

R2G Card Kit - Joy Ornament

Another card kit for my class next week.

I started with a Stampin Up Night of Navy card. I embossed a white layer with the SU Northern Flurry folder leaving a small border all the way around.  I cut a length of SU Night of Navy grosgrain ribbon and placed along the top edge of the embossed layer. Knowing that I wanted to put thread behind it later I did not apply adhesive in that area.  The embossed layer was then adhered to the card front. I stamped the ornament from Delighful Decorations stamp set in the color of the card on Whisper White and punched it with the SU ornament punch. I used a push pin to create a hole in the ornament hanger then pulled my white thread through.  I pulled one end of the thread under the grosgrain ribbon and then knotted the ends and trimmed them.  I've put SU Purely Pomegranate as the other color in this kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.