Monday, January 26, 2015

Card Club - Jan - Heart Doily

This is my nod to Valentine's Day.  I colored the white paper doilies with scarlet and bronze liquid color.  You can check the process in this post.

I stamped dots on the hearts with a VersaFine Onyx ink pad to repeat the dots in the background. I printed the polka dot background I designed onto a 4.25 x 11 inch card.  Once folded, I placed adhesive on the solid center of the heart and placed it near the fold at the top of the card.  I used a piece of thread which was dyed that the same time as the heart and added a piece of black thread.  These were wrapped around the card front and knotted once.  The metal heart charm was then added and then the another knot was made. The ends were trimmed.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.