Sunday, January 18, 2015

R2G Card Kit - Valentine - Paper Heart Doily

This is the first card design of a large order of Ready 2 Go Valentine card kits I have just finished preparing.  It was an order for 100 card kits. Valentine is not my usual thing so creating these card designs was a bit of a stretch for me.

You will remember these doily hearts from this posting.  I created a polka dot background in black that I printed directly onto the card.  This card is 4.25 x 11 and therefore has the fold at the top of the card.  I wanted to add a bit of black to the heart to help tie it all together. I used a Stampin Up Itty Bitty Background stamp with Versafine Onyx Black. I placed my adhesive on the solid centre of the heart and placed it at the top of card. I dyed the thread at the same time as the hearts so they match perfectly.  I added a black thread as well which I wrapped around the card front and knotted on the front.  I added a metal heart charm before I tied the second knot. I trimmed the thread ends and added my insert.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.