- Class Schedule 2017
- Card Club
- Stack Classes
- Digital Products
- Alphabet Photos
- Mixed Media Art
- Photos - Framed
- Unique Cards - Original Decorative Paper
- R2Give Cards
- R2Go Card Kits - Occasions
- R2Go Card Kits - SU Style - Occasions
- R2Go Card Kits - SU Style - Christmas
- R2Go Stack Kits - Christmas & All Occasion
- Sewing Projects
- Card Challenges
- HowTo Tutorials
Saturday, June 18, 2016
Baby Boy - Customized Frame
I started with a good quality yellow metal frame. I cut a 20 x 24 inch sheet of Mi-Tentes card stock in navy blue down to match an 11x14 inch mat I had, leaving a tiny border around the center opening. These 2 layers were adhered together with quick dry adhesive. The opening is 9.5 x 7.5 inches.
I cut the letters with the Cricut and the Storybook cartridge. This alphabet is great because it is mono spaced so figuring how large the letters needed to be was very easy. They were cut at 2.25 inches tall from the same card stock paper as the mat. I added the the date of birth which was cut at 2.00 inches tall to get more elements into the space.
I added a central decorative element of owls on a limb. The clipart is from CLKER. I colored the owls navy. I duplicated the image and reversed the one on the left. I printed it onto vellum then clear embossed it.
I chose a sheet of Stampin Up Daffodil Delight which matched the frame perfectly. To it, I adhered the letters of his name along the top, the date of birth along the bottom, the owl vellum and the red heart punchie between the large owls. I adhered the yellow card stock to the mat. I cleaned the glass and reassembled the frame. Super happy with the finished product. Photographing it was the biggest challenge.
I always get a book for new babies and their parents. Reading is important.