Friday, June 10, 2016
Painting on Silk Workshop
1. Sketch your layout
2. Add resist if you need it to keep some areas white. Let it dry completely before proceeding.
3. Collect your colors. We used Dye-Na-Flow paints by Jacquard Products. Use water to dilute if you would like a paler version. These paints were chosen for their ability to provide vibrant and vivid colors.
4. Paint on silk scarf which was suspended between tables. We covered to the floors to ensure paint dripping would not touch the floor.
5. We steamset the colors with a steam iron.
6. Hand wash to remove the water based resist.
7. Enjoy it and let it bring a smile to your face every time you wear it.
The colors I used are: 802 Gold Yellow, 806 Brilliant Red and 816 Midnight Blue.
We had 12-15 participants who all did a great job. This is my first silk scarf and I can see more in my future. It was a lot of fun and I am happy with my final product. We are blessed to be provided with level of instruction. Instructor was Doris Charest.