Monday, February 27, 2017

Card Club - February - Jalopy

I started with old dictionary pages. 
To apply the color I applied 3 Tim Holtz Distress Stains to my acrylic plate. Walnut Stain, Antique Linen, and Faded Jeans.  I spritzed that with a bit of water.  I laid my page onto the plate and carefully removed it.  I set it aside to dry.  Once dry, they were flat again.

I ripped the edges to make them fit the card front.  I chose a blue green card which coordinated with the color on the printed page.  I applied a background with a brown marker before gluing down the dictionary page. 

The greeting was color printed in the Early Espresso and Island Indigo on vellum and clear embossed.  It was trimmed close to the border.  It is held in place with a coordinating mini brad. 

I cut the Tim Holtz Jalopy and Arrow Mover & Shaper dies from a warm brown textured card stock.  I adhered the Jalopy in the bottom right hand corner and the arrow in the top left hand corner.

I love to decorate my own paper.  This one turned out really nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.