Tuesday, August 20, 2019

Compassion House - Thank You Cards

I made some more thank you cards for Compassion House this week.  I am delivering them tonight.

This card is a design I have used before.  You can see a few here.

I cut a 6 inch circle then cut it in half.  The straight edge was placed along the fold and adhered to the grey card front.

I added a black grosgrain ribbon which was run the length of the fold and tied in a knot.  I added floral accent made of 2 white silk flowers and a flower punchie all held in place with a tiny black brad.

The greeting was color printed and punched with the Stampin Up Word Window punch.  It was adhere near the top of the card with 3D foam tape.

This layout is based on ripping a piece of designer paper into 2 and adhering them to the card front leaving a space for the card base color to show.

On the card on the left I used a black card base and a dark grey designer paper.  You need to rip away from you to avoid having a white deckled edge. You have to rip the edge again on the second piece to get rid of the white edge.

The Tim Holtz Old Jalopy Mover Shaper die in silver metallic paper was adhered to the card front in the bottom right hand corner with 3D foam tape.

For the greeting, I added a silver Stampin Up Modern Label punchie topped with a Word Window greeting.  This was adhered with 3D foam tape.

The Vintage Alarm Clock and Camera diecuts are by Tim Holtz. I added a clock graphic behind the clocks which helps a lot but adds fiddly work.


I am delivering a stack of thank you cards when I do my card making class tonight.


1 comment:

  1. Lovely Thank You cards. The only reason I like the camera and the clocks more because I am obsessed with them :)

    -Soma

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.