Monday, August 26, 2019

Recent Photos

It's time to harvest the produce from the garden. I am grateful that those who have them share the spoils.

I was to visit my Mom last week who shared potatoes and carrots from her garden.  I was able to pick some dill as well which I will freeze for winter dishes.

A friend shared a few cherry tomatoes and some basil. 
Yummy!





I bought a 20 lbs case of free stone peaches last week while I was visiting Mom.

I arrived at the store at 8:00 am and 10 cases walked out the door by 8:05 am. There were several of us waiting for the BC truck to be unloaded.

Mom and I canned 7 quarts on Wednesday morning.

I have been cutting them up and freezing the chunks on trays so I can take just what I want for my cereal in the mornings this winter.

I have been eating my fill fresh as well.



I am working on photos for a show at the end of the year.  It's focus is abstract art.

Top Left: Shadows on concrete to which I added a filter to highlight the edges.
Top Right: I thought this one looks like rock cliffs but it is a piece of rotted wood.

Bottom Left: This is a reflection of rails in a window.
Bottom Right: This is some tar type sealer which has cracked and aged.  I have applied a filter to enhance the texture.






The birds were really feeding this morning.

There were Chickadees, Nuthatches and of course Sparrows.

The sunlight was wonderful on my walk this morning.

He was keeping an eye on me as well as getting seeds.


The challenge on Flickr Macro Monday this week theme was GoesTogetherLike.  This is Black & White.  I placed the discs on the opposite colored piece of card stock.

I am sharing with Mosaic Monday 42 hosted by Angie at Letting Go ofthe Bay Leaf.

Through my Lens 205 hosted by Mersad.

3 comments:

  1. I love fresh peaches and we've had such good ones this summer! Enjoy your afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sylvia - your photos truly highlight the beauty of this produce - how blessed you are to have friends and family with vegie gardens. We will be picking our apples soon. The last two days have been delightfully cool with the sun to just keep it warm enough for shirt sleeves. Autumn is on the way! Thanks for linking to Mosaic Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The cherry tomatoes look good enough to eat....and the peaches oh my....I used to can and freeze ..they are one food that tastes just as delicious in all three states! One time years ago we did a you pick peach excursion when they were giving away windfalls! We picked enough good ones for fresh and picked up enough hardly damaged windfalls to put by for a whole year. (Back when we had kids at home, so it was a much appreciated and unexpected bonus. ...... your abstracts are so creative !

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.