Thursday, April 25, 2024

Sewing Project - Wine Bottle Bag - Batik Phoenix

Another wine bag today. 

This is batik fabric from a shirt. I used one of the sleeves which featured a phoenix bird motif so I cut the fabric to ensure the birds were on the front.

I was short on the length so I added a strip of black on the bottom. I also added a twill tape accent at the top edge.

It was quilted to the flannel with the same wavy stitch as before.

The lining is beautifully soft yellow cotton fabric.

The handle is double sided with black on top and yellow lining fabric on the underside.

I had decided to place the "My Bag" tag along the top of these wine bags just left of the handle.

This is my current model of tag and stitching them with white thread is working well.

Looking forward to making a few more of these bags. I am finally able to sew them with out mistakes but designing accents is taking time out of the sewing process.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.