Monday, April 15, 2024

Sewing Project - Wine Bottle Bag - Polka Dots

I made my third Wine Bottle Carry Bag yesterday.

I used some pale blue fabric with red dots which I believe was part of Stampin Up's fabric line when that was a thing.

It is lined with a solid red cotton poly fabric.

I used circles in white thread as my quilting pattern to attach the flannel to the outer fabric.

I chose to assemble the bag differently this time with starting with the top seam instead of that being the last seam.

It was easy to align the handles and the decorative ribbon along the edge and sew the top seam. Then the long side seam of the outer and lining is made leaving a hole to turn it right side out.

Then the box corners are achieved by tucking in the fabric into the center.  Check out this video for the full details.  I made sure that I alternated the corners so they would sit opposite each other on the bottom. Then you turn it right side out and sew up the hole in the lining.  Two top stitch seams and it was done.

I added the 2 different sized white buttons on the deep red ribbon by hand.

It seems to be as stable as the other method.

Here's how they look side by side.  The left is neater.  I really appreciated not having to fight to get handles straight in that small top seam at the end in the first design.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.