Friday, April 26, 2024

Sewing Project - Wine Bottle Bag - Blue Floral with Lace

I pulled the fabric out last night so I could sew first thing this morning.

I just love this blue watercolor floral fabric.  The flower is very large so I just centered it on the front.

I chose a length of cotton lace which I placed below the top edge. I found a scrap of blue bias tape which echoed some of the colors in the print beautifully.

I used the wavy decorating stitch again on the bias tape and evenly spaced from the back seam to quilt the outer fabric to the flannel. This means I don't have a seam directly in front across the flower.

The lining is a white microfiber fabric which works well. Navy thread and a solid flannel so it would work with the white areas in the outer fabric.

I have attached my "My Bag" tag.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.