Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Art Show - AAC - Redux Show 2024 - Upcycled Every Day Carry Bag

This my second piece in the Spruce Grove Gallery - Form Redux Show which opens today.

It is an Every Day Carry Bag which was made with upcycled fabrics from a box of fabric given to me by Michelle at ReImagined Fabrics. You can find her on Instagram #reimaginedfabrics  Other bits were chosen from my thrifted/reclaimed stash as well as pieces collected from the ReUse Center.

I made myself one of these bags several years ago.

Title: Upcycled Every Day Carry Bag

Size: 15.00 T x 13.00 W inches

Medium: Fabric Bag with embellishments



I started with the beige cotton fabric for the main part of the bag.  All the seams are finished inside so no raw edges anywhere.  I added a zipper insert made from a beautiful leaf patterned fabric from this box of scraps and squares with a teal zipper chosen from my stash of reclaimed zippers.

I chose a taupe microfiber for the handles which means they will last a long time.

The bag features 3 pockets. The front pocket was made with the accent fabric and I added a coordinating blue button that I found in my stash. The back pocket is a reused Carhartt pant pocket with a velcro closure. I sewed the pocket to the back of the bag which creates a pocket and added an accent fabric tag to the help with the opening the Velcro on the ginger colored pocket. I added some teal slow stitching to the flap of the pocket.

The ginger heavy weight fabric was added to the bottom to show less dirt and will wear much better than the beige cotton fabric. 

A few pieces of tomato red bias tape was added as an accent color which was again pulled from my thrifted supply.

I added a little bling on the zipper pull which was brought from a ReUse Center donation.  

Inside I added a clip for your keys which again was found at the ReUse Center.

It is on display at the gallery and is for sale.  The reception is Saturday April 27th at 1-3pm.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.