Saturday, November 5, 2011

Christmas Card Stack - Copper Scallop

I've had this ribbon for a couple of years and I have struggled to find ways to incorporate it into a design.  This year Michaels had copper glitter so I bought some.  I kept the color options quite simple.  I used a black card and added a kraft layer onto which a greeting was printed in black.  I wrapped the copper ribbon around the kraft layer then adhered it to the card front.  Tying a knot in this ribbon was challenging so I had to come up with a different way to create the bow. I just overlapped the ribbon and tied the two together with a length of kraft thread.  I trimmed the ribbons ends at an angle. If you cut the ribbon in half and tape the ends to the back of the kraft layer the length should work out well. I cut the scallop with my Nestabilities in black and added dots of copper glitter glue on each scallop.  The main element was printed in black on kraft and then die cut with a Nestabilities die.
I selected several images and greetings.  Manger scenes with Christmas Blessings, Snowmen with Let it Snow, Winter scenes with Seasons Greetings and Christmas candles/bells with Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.