Monday, August 26, 2013

Card - Challenge - Use Punches

I made this card for Sparkles Weekly Christmas Card Challenges.  We were to pull out our punches and make a card.  Punches are pretty easy to use. I started with an Always Artichoke card layered with matching DSP.  I stamped my label in Always Artichoke from the Tags till Christmas set from Stampin Up!.  Punched it out with the Decorative Label punch by SU.  I added a bit of color to the pine cone with chalk.  I stamped the greeting onto the label with a small clear stamp in the same green ink.  The little girl image is from The Old Design Shop blog - Vintage Image Treasury.   I highlighted the pink in her coat with a layer of pink card stock behind the image and behind the label.  I punch a label in pink, cut it in half cross wise and then trimmed the points from the centre and glued them behind the label.  The whole layer is then added to the card front with 3D foam tape. 

1 comment:

  1. Lovely vintage image on your card. And I see you used your punch! TFS and playing along with us at Christmas Card Challenge #38. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.