Saturday, November 1, 2014
Christmas Card Challenge - Nov - Christmas Light
This is not the card I started to make but I really like it. I cut the vellum with one of the Spellbinders Nestabilities Arched Windows One dies. I then stamped the nativity and the dot stars on the vellum die cut. The nativity rubber stamp came from the $1.50 section and the dot stars on the vellum were done with a Stampin Up Itty Bitty Backgrounds stamp. I then embossed them with Jeweled Gold embossing powder. Wanting to keep with the same colors and with no star stamp in my collection I rubbed clear embossing ink onto a scrap piece of vellum then embossed it with the same powder then punched it out. Voila! It matches. I wanted to make it look a bit like a snow globe so I cut some black metallic card stock for the base and adhered it to the vellum. I was going to put it directly on the black but there was not enough contrast so I added a white layer. I created that layer with a rectangle frame with the first few words of the song "O Holy Night" printed in black. I trimmed this layer and adhered it to the black card.