Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Card - Deer in Neutrals

I took a sheet from a Spanish dictionary and applied Tim Holtz Distress Stain in Antique Linen and Gathered Twigs.  I dried it with the heat tool and then used TH Distress Stain in Walnut Stain with a brush to paint the landscape and the trees.  I ripped all the edges.  I stamped the greeting in the top right hand corner with Versafine Vintage Sepia with a clear stamp. I chose a Bazzill Pinecone card stock for the card. This layer was adhered to the card front with glue stick which helped to smooth out the wrinkled paper. I punched a 1" circle from Champagne pearl card stock for the moon and adhered it with 3D foam tape.  The chipboard deer is left over from this card project. I applied a bit of bronze shimmer on them with a dry brush but it does not show up in the photo.

I'm submitting this card to the following challenges.
52 Christmas Card Throw Down - Coffee and Cream
Hazels Christmas Card Challenge - Anything Goes

2 comments:

  1. I like your take on the colours - the dictionary page is a super background. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the techniques you've used Sylvia. Thank you for sharing your beautiful card with us at 52 Christmas Card Throwdown. Gill

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.