Friday, April 3, 2015

Card - HB Turquoise

I made this card for a dear friend celebrating a milestone birthday this weekend.
I started with a piece of card stock colored during this process. It was one of the first ones I did so it did not have the classic bubble look I wanted for my first project.  I wanted it to be warmer so I spritzed it with turquoise water that I used to dye the ribbon. That was slightly successful.  Once I had ironed the paper dry and as flat as I could I cut it with the Spellbinder A2 Ribbon Thread die. I ran the slightly blue seam binding through the slots and tied it in a knot at the top.  I adhered it to the warm blue card front.  I used a dot background stamp with Tempting Turquoise ink and added some more texture to the die cut.  I chose handmade paper flowers in turquoise to accent the card. I stamped the greeting in the same color on vellum with a small clear stamp then ripped the strip top and bottom. I placed it on the card front and held it in place with 2 turquoise handmade paper flowers, white sequins and tiny white brads.  I added several more flowers.  I added some white sequins held in place with Zots for Bling.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.