Saturday, August 8, 2015

Advent Calendar

I've been working on an advent class which I will be teaching in the fall.  Keep an eye out for more on that later.  Christmas is never from from my mind all year long.  I always have it's music at hand and I enjoy it often. I also do a Christmas Card challenge on this blog every month to ensure I will have the cards I need on December 1st.

This is an advent calendar I have designed for people who want to be more intentional in preparing for Christmas.  There is a scripture reading for every day.  All the cards stay together as when you have completed one day you just flip the card over to the back and the next day is waiting for you.  It is designed to be used starting on December 1st.

The background for this card is my own art work of Bethlehem with a blue starry sky. The card measures 3.5 x 5 inches.  The 25 cards are held in the center of the pedestal frame with a book ring.  Each card has a reinforcement on the hole at the top in a contrasting color. 

I encourage individuals/families to do activities for each day of advent.  With that goal in mind, I have put together a list of activities under several categories such as Serving Others, Faith Based Activities, From the Kitchen, Outdoor Activities and a few more.  You will find the list at the bottom of this post as well as on my Freebie tab.

The calendar is designed so you can choose your daily activity which may be influenced by the members of your family and their ages. I have included an Activity Log for every day in your calendar which corresponds to each card. It is designed for you to record your chosen activity for that day. There are 12 slots on each log so you will have a record of your Christmas activities for that day over 12 years.  How wonderful it will be to review this list of memories from years past as you pull this calendar out every Christmas season.  This log is filed behind it's corresponding reading on the ring.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.