Saturday, August 1, 2015

Christmas Card Challenge - Aug - Joy Embossing Chipboard

Have you started your Christmas cards? Today is a perfect day.  I make cards every month to be sure I have what I need by December 1st.

This is the card for my blog Christmas Card Challenge.  The theme is Joy/Embossing/Chipboard.

I cut my warm white Joy from thick card stock which is serving as my chipboard.  I then cut the Tim Holtz Stylized Label with the Joy Mover & Shaper in it's center from green card stock.  I glued the chipboard onto the green die cut aligning the word.  I embossed the white card stock with the Stampin Up Northern Flurry snowflake folder.  I wrapped the white embossed layer with a length of gold metallic ribbon which I taped to the back.  This layer was then adhered to the red card front.  I added an oval of gold metallic card stock behind the green die cut to hid the gold ribbon.  I added 2 glitter stars on both sides of the greeting.  This layer was then adhered to the top third of the wide card with 3D foam tape. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.