Saturday, August 15, 2015

Feathered Friends

I started with a used Christmas card from my stash because I did not have a stamp that would work.  I trimmed the chickadee panel from the card front leaving a white border all the way around.  I then selected a card which worked with it.  I stamped the card front with the Stampin Up Itty Bitty backgrounds and Versamark ink and embossed them with white powder to create a snowfall effect. I chose the color printed greeting from my stash as well.  I layered it on the same green as the card then red.  I cut the banner end with the Stampin Up Triple Banner punch.  With the red layer it pops on the green card.  I adhered the greeting with 3D foam tape.

Submitting this card to the following challenges:
Holly Jolly - Feathered Friends.
Cute Card Thursday - Anything Goes
Craftyhazelnuts Christmas - Anything Goes 
 

3 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous card, and even better as you have managed to give a new life to an old card. Recycling at it's best! Thank you for playing with us at the Holly Jolly Christmas Challenge , “Feathered Friends”. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely image Sylvia. Love the whole layout. Thanks for sharing with us at Holly Jolly, we hope you will join us again soon. Meighan DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a fabulous Christmas card, such a beautiful image.
    Thank you for joining us at CHNC Challenge Extra this month.
    Pauline
    x
    I have candy on my blog if you would like to take a look - http://craftingwithcotnob.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.