Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Card to the Gallery - Decorative Paper

Using a kit from Card Club I just replaced the polka dot layer with a piece of my decorative paper layer in shades of blue. 

The decorative paper was cut to leave a small border then adhered to the card front.  I tacked down the silver glitter star in place then used a push pin to create a hole in the card front.

I remove one of the strands on the fiber just leaving the shiny one. It was wrapped onto the red star brad. The brad was inserted into the hole and the prongs pressed apart in the inside of the card. I like the lighter feel to the fiber on this card.

One of the ladies last night mentioned it could be a Christmas card. That would be great.




Another Card Club kit.  I replaced the Japanese handmade paper with my own decorative paper in greens and browns. 

I chose a dark brown card and adhered the gold square.

I wrapped the ribbon across the card front and tape the ends to the inside.  I adhered the 3.75 inch square of decorative paper over the ribbon.

I added 3 fall leaves brads onto the decorative paper.


Another Card Club kit.  I replaced the bird layer with a piece of my own alcohol ink background papers in blues and greens. 

I used the navy card with the warm gray layer adhered to the front. The background paper was adhere to the front.

I added a punched card stock flower in the Bermuda Bay behind the silk flowers and chose a brad that matched the card stock.

I added a strip of the Bermuda Bay card stock across the bottom third of the card. 

The greeting was color printed, punched with the SU Artisan Label punch then adhered over the strip with 3D foam tape.


1 comment:

  1. These are lovely. I justr pulled out some of my textured naturals paper because I have to power-create some new cards before our Nov. 3 sale and I'm aiming for simple. The textured naturals really allow for that. I love your star.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.