Wednesday, May 30, 2018

Exchange Cards - Spinner Art Paper Overpainted

I chose a piece of my spinner art paper for these cards.  I wanted to lessen the punch of the spots so someone suggested over painting the sheet.  That was a good idea.

I selected ink from the original art Ultra Blue which was diluted significantly with water to produce a light color.  This was painted on the sheet with a foam brush and it was allowed to dry completely.  It was flat again when dry.

I cut the 4x6 sheet into 2 pieces and trimmed the edges to ensure no harsh band of color.  I glued it to a piece of red card stock leaving a wide border. It was placed on a turquoise card base. 

Where the colors have mixed a purple color was produced so I chose a purple greeting.  It was printed onto card and punched with the Stampin Up Decorative Label punch.  It is mounted onto the card front in the top left hand corner with 3D foam tape.  I added some turquoise sequins with Bling Zots as a final accent.

On  this card the piece of red leaves a small border of the turquoise card. 

I used a similar greeting and the more of the turquoise sequins held in the same way

These are off to my Card Exchange partners for May.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.