Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Apron - Cross Back - Sunny Side Up

I made another apron this morning.  I chose the 100% cotton fabric called Sunny Side Up by Ro Gregg.  I lined it with a piece of chocolate brown fabric.

This one is wider than the last one.  I added 3/8 of an inch on the fold as well as 3 inches more than the pattern.  Over all folded dimension was 20 inches at the under arm.

I used the remnant from the armhole cut out to make the patch pockets.  I edged the slant of the pocket with a strip of the chocolate brown fabric from the lining.

The pockets were placed a little farther apart as well at 2.5 from center rather than 2 inches.   It is a bit longer as well at 37 inches bib to hem but I maximized the length of the brown. I just could not cut off just a bit.

I did place one line of stitching down the front on the skinny brown line to keep the 2 pieces together.  Choosing the brown means the seam hardly shows.

The straps were cut 3 inches wide by 27 inches to ensure I had enough.  This time is sewed an end in order to have something to push on when turning it over. It went really well with my 12 inch chop stick.  Ironed it flat with the seam in the center.

The straps were securely attached with X stitching in the front on the bib.  The straps were crossed and securely attached to the back as well.  Still 22 inches between bib and back edge. 




I love the extra cross over at the back and the weight of this one feels great.

These are wonderful colors.  Another beautiful apron which I hope someone just wants to buy!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.