Monday, September 24, 2018

Pot Holders to Match Aprons


I paired the remaining striped fabric from this Striped Shirt Apron with some bold burgundy fabric for this set of potholders.

This is my standard 8.5 inch potholder with a 1 1/8 inch border. 

The hanging loop is in the corner in the same burgundy fabric as the back.  This makes the corner very full and thick so I will move it to the center next time.

The center stitching is a straight lines along the burgundy stripe.

I paired the remaining denim fabric from this Denim Shirt Apron with some bold red gingham for this set of potholders.

This is my standard 8.5 inch potholder with a 1 1/8 inch border. 

The hanging loop has been moved to the center and is in the same denim fabric as the back. 

The center stitching is a couple of squares following the pattern on the front.



I used the remaining fabric from the Botanic Print Apron for this set of pot holders.  The accent color is a pale green which matches the outlines in the fabric very well.

The print was cut to 7.5 inches square. Four strips of the green was cut at 1 1/8 inches wide and 9 inch long.  These were sewn to the four sides of the square. 

The back was cut at 9" square.

I used a couple layers 100% cotton for the lining of these potholders.

I created the hanging loop from the same fabric.

I top stitched close to the edge to seal the opening I left to turn them inside out then I ran seam along the inside edge of the border as well. 

For the center top stitching I chose to follow the organic lines in the design rather than sew through the bird and flowers.  Finished size of 8.5 inches.

I pieced together the front block of these potholders as I had very little fabric remaining once I completed the Color Block Apron and the Frame Bags.

I paired it with a subtle striped 100% cotton fabric.

Standard flat potholder pattern with 1 1/8 inch border in black.

The center stitching is just straight lines following the black stripe on the front.

I am preparing for Christmas Craft Sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.