I made another apron today so now I have a sample of the three designs I have researched.
This is an adjustable apron with the tied going through a casing along the curve of the bib. This is the style of my current apron.
I chose this bold striped cotton fabric in red, ivory and white stripes for this side and a black poly cotton for the reverse side. I placed a seam offset to the left of center and ensured the stripes were maintained across the apron. I chose to top stitch the seam and the outer edge of the apron in black thread.
I added black patch pockets, a towel loop in the center between the pockets and a hanging loop on the accent at the top of the bib.
The corners of the pockets are well reinforced with a triangle of stitching.
I will have to decide which design I will use for my new apron. I have not yet decided the fabric yet.