Sunday, March 17, 2024

sewing Project - Book Bag - Navy Calico

I made another book bag/sleeve.  This time I chose a navy calico fabric from my stash.  I believe I was given this piece from a quilter that was de-stashing. 

I found the beautiful cotton lace at the ReUse Center in the last couple of weeks.  The blue bias tape is a leftover from making these ReUsable Bags

This was a smaller piece of fabric so I had to stick to the 12x19 inches to get handles as well.  I cut my flannel padding layer the same.  I then used the stitching of the bias tape then the lace for my first 2 quilting seams.  I then made them every 3 inches with the wavy decorative stitch width wise across the bag.

I used a piece of white microfiber cloth to make the lining.  I added a large inside pocket using a piece of striped cotton poly as I had no calico big enough.

The handles were cut 2x12 inches then just a 1/4 fold over on each side and then down the middle again making them 1/2 inch wide.  I would like more but it is what it is.

I found a beautiful vintage button and used white flat elastic for the closure.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.