Saturday, March 30, 2024

Slow Stitching - No. 013 - Friendship Star

The prompt for week 13 of the slow stitch challenge 2024 at K3N Cloth Tales was  Friendship with a nine patch square as the technique hence a Friendship Star.

I am not a traditional quilter so nine patch is something I have not done before. Then to make on a small scale and hand stitch it was another level of challenge.

I started with 2 inch squares but somewhere along the way I ended up with extra fabric I had to cut off the the center square was a bit too big.  Math is not my strong point.

Friends are important.

I chose to put the print on the star and the aqua on the surrounding squares. I then added the yellow and teal strips around the square to make it work better when I put these squares into a project at the end of the year.  Once the nine patch was done, I added a white cotton layer on the back and id the top stitching.  Really happy with this piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.