Saturday, March 16, 2024

Sewing Project - Book Sleeve - Perfect Pear


 I am using up my smallish pieces of fabric.  Here I have a book sleeve/bag made with some nice cotton pear fabric in yellow and black.  I have made a banded front with yellow, black and pear fabric.  The bottom is black which works well for keeping dirt from showing.  The back is a full piece of pear fabric.

I chose a cotton/Tencel (fabric made from wood fiber) blend fabric for the lining.  It is also the panel on the front and the band at the top. Feels wonderful. 

I stitched the front to the flannel padding layer with top stitching along the black and pear pieces.  The handles are made of the pear fabric and are 3/4 inches wide and about 11 inches long.

The bag has an elastic and button closure. 

I did put a pocket on the inside which will accommodate something extra. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.