Monday, March 11, 2024

Sewing Project - Book Sleeve - Butterflies

I decided to jump right in and try again to make a book sleeve.  I chose this beautiful butterfly fabric given to me by a fellow quilter. Used the same light blue cotton poly for lining.

I had changed my mind but my mind had a mind of it's own and I ended up with another book cover instead of a sleeve so I added side panels again.  I had just enough fabric.

I added a pocket on the inside.  I did add a pocket made with the lining fabric but it end up upside down in the side seam.  Pretty useless. 

It has handles and an elastic button closure as the earlier one did.

I did quilt a piece of flannelette which is an inch smaller than the outside fabric to provide some padding but not bulk up the seams.

The finishes size of the book sleeve:

11 inches wide

9 inches tall

2 inches deep

handles 8.25 inches long

One of the handles was twisted so I had to take it apart, turn it and sew it back in but it will not be as strong as they others.

I probably should have waited for the sun to rise into a new day before I tried again.
 
I spent some time this morning trying to define what my book sleeves will be like - size, padding, closure and handles.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.