Monday, June 20, 2011

Card - Accordion Card

I made this card for a couple who are leaving our office and moving to Toronto. I needed a large card for everyone to sign. I decided on an accordion card. I wanted the left side to represent Alberta so I added mountains and pine tree. The vellum in the centre represents our Muttart Conservatory in the river valley. Then along the road in the centre I created sign posts with locations long their way east; Saskatoon, Winnipeg, and Sudbury. The right hand cover represents Toronto and Ontario. The cityscape, CN Tower and the water.
I used artists canvas 6x9" for the covers. I painted the sky and the grass on with acrylic paint with a bit of a dry brush technique. I used 50lb text weight paper for the accordion which was painted in the same way. I used my Creative Memories Wavy Cutter to create the highway that runs the full length of the card from left to right. I added the white centre line with a Marvy Opaque marker. The mountains were cut by hand, the pine tree is a Sizzix die cut, and the grass was ripped and cut with decorative edge scissors. The Muttart Conservatory is 3 large glass pyramids so I decided on vellum which was scored and then I added a bit of fine black marker to add definition. I designed the road markers in Corel Draw. The cityscape was cut on the Cricut - Paper Dolls Dress Up. I placed yellow paper behind to put light in the windows. I cut the waves with the wavy cutter and chalked them to add some depth. The CN tower was a clipart image which I printed and cut close to the edge. The clouds were cut with the Cricut - Create a Critter. I made a vellum sleeve to hold and protect the card.

1 comment:

  1. It looks great!!! Wonderful card - cityscape worked out really well!!

    Therese
    www.tmalakart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.