Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Card Kits - Joy with Damask Buttons

I put together this Christmas Card Stack kit this week. I had just enough Damask buttons left from my card club class to make a stack kit. I found some decorative paper to match the mustard and olive buttons I had. I selected cardstock in cherry red and olive green colors. I cut the word JOY with my Sizzix Shadow Box dies, the shadow in ivory and the letters in red. These are glued red over ivory. I selected some gross grain ribbon in 2 shades of green. I tied red thread in the holes of the buttons and trimmed the ends. I trimmed and glued the decorative paper to the card front. I added a bit of glue to the back of the ribbon and placed about .75" from the top of the card. Brought both ends to the inside of the card and taped them down. I used a glue dot to adhere the button to the ribbon. I glued the letters below the ribbon, first the J then the Y and centered the O in between. The kit makes 16 cards. You can check my website link on the right hand side or follow this link for available kits.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.