Sunday, September 1, 2013

Christmas Card Challenge - Sept - Foliage

The theme for my Christmas Card Challenge for September is Foliage.  That could be Poinsettia, Pine Boughs, Trees, Wreaths, Holly & Berries, Pine Cones, Mistletoe, Evergreens, and much more. 
I chose boughs for my card.  I started with an ivory card. I put a piece of muted striped DSP onto it.  I stamped my ornament with warm red ink on the same ivory card stock.  The ornament is from the Stampin Up! Tags till Christmas set.  I punched out the ornament with the matching punch. I wrapped a piece of ivory crochet cotton around the hanger, knotted it then adhered the ornament to the card front with 3D foam tape. I pulled the string up and placed a hole in the card front aligning so it would be covered by the bough later.  I pulled both ends of the strings through the card front and taped them to the inside.  I cut the bough from warm green card stock with the Impression Obsession die of a branch/bough (DEI021-N). I chalked it with a couple different shades of green to add some depth. I glued it to the card front with quick dry adhesive applied with a small pointed tip making sure to cover the start of the string. It needed something more so I added 3 small dots of ivory card stock on the right hand side.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.