Sunday, September 1, 2013
Christmas Card Challenge - Sept - Foliage
I chose boughs for my card. I started with an ivory card. I put a piece of muted striped DSP onto it. I stamped my ornament with warm red ink on the same ivory card stock. The ornament is from the Stampin Up! Tags till Christmas set. I punched out the ornament with the matching punch. I wrapped a piece of ivory crochet cotton around the hanger, knotted it then adhered the ornament to the card front with 3D foam tape. I pulled the string up and placed a hole in the card front aligning so it would be covered by the bough later. I pulled both ends of the strings through the card front and taped them to the inside. I cut the bough from warm green card stock with the Impression Obsession die of a branch/bough (DEI021-N). I chalked it with a couple different shades of green to add some depth. I glued it to the card front with quick dry adhesive applied with a small pointed tip making sure to cover the start of the string. It needed something more so I added 3 small dots of ivory card stock on the right hand side.