Monday, September 9, 2013

Photo - Devonian Botanic Gardens

I took a trip to the Devonian Botanic Gardens on the weekend.  It's a large property and a good thing I went early as it rained later in the day.
The background for this collage is a copper pot in the Arid show house which had this terrific patina on it.  I do water drops every chance I get and they had just irrigated so there were plenty.  The Koi fish is in the brook in the Kurimoto Japanese Gardens.  I've been trying all kind of options with my camera and this one worked out really well. The fish was about 12" long. I saw 4 different ones in the waters there. In the Butterfly show house I got this pic of a very nice warm colored butterfly.  He was just sitting there so I got a lot of shots.  The bottom picture is of course Bird of Paradise.  I think this is the first one I've seen in real life.  It's beautiful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.