Saturday, December 19, 2015

Challenge Card - Paper Garden

I made this card for a challenge at Paper Garden. They are running a 2015 Holiday Card challenge.

For my card I started with an olive green card.  I chose the BoBunny Blitzen Sentiment paper which coordinated well with it's vintage feel.  I chose to repeat the word idea and decided to cut a word for the accent. I wanted to highlight the warm blue color in the DSP so I chose Stampin Up Blue Bayou card stock. I cut an oval with the SU Sizzix Ovals die (retired). I then aligned it with the Tim Holtz WISH Mover Shaper magentic die and cut the word from it.  I then cut an identical oval from ivory to back it.  I adhered these together with quick dry adhesive.  I then cut a scallop oval from warm red card stock with the Spellbinder Nestabilities - #4 from the small oval set.  The wish accent was glued to this layer.  I applied 3D foam tape to the back.  I cut a piece of the same card stock as the card to 4.25 x .75 inches.  I placed 3 lengths of ivory cotton thread across it and taped the ends to the back.  I then adhered it to the card front. I adhered my WISH accent over the strip aligned to the left.  I tied a trio of short lengths of ivory cotton in the space I had left next to the red scallop oval. I trimmed the thread ends even. 

Check out the cards submitted and vote for your favorite.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.