Saturday, August 6, 2016

Sympathy & Get Well Cards

I made this card for a friend who lost her husband to brain cancer recently.  He fought a brave fight for several years.  I will miss him. 

I started with a warm brown card. 

I cut a piece of designer paper to 4.00 x 5.25 inches then cut it again at 3.5 inches.  I flipped the larger piece over to reveal the polka dots.  I taped these pieces back together then placed a piece of ginger colored ribbon across the join and taped the ends tot he back.  This layer was then adhered to the card front.

I punched a Stampin Up Decorative Label a coordinating blue card stock and printed the greeting in the same blue onto ivory card stock.  Punched the greeting.  I cut the blue label in half crosswise and trimmed the points off.  I then adhered the halves offset to the left and right sides. I adhered the greeting to the card front aligned over the ribbon with 3D foam tape.

The get well card was assembled in the same way as the first card but I placed the dots on the top this time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.