Sunday, October 21, 2018

Burgundy with Floral Accents Apron

This apron started with a Joseph & Fiess 100% cotton (17.5/33) men`s shirt.  I had not really thought about how it being a solid color would affect my process but the price was good so I brought it home.

Well it did.  I just could not put solid bias tape on this one.  I hit the SEESA Rummage Sale today and found the exact fabric I needed to finish this apron.

It is a floral with a grey background, white, dusty pink and burgundy flowers with gold accents.  The down side is I had to make my own bias tape so there was not savings on time with this apron but it was worth it.

I used the handmade bias tape for the round neck and arm holes.  I used the same fabric for the patch pockets. I just hemmed the open edge of the pocket. The ties were created on the straight edge of the fabric.  They were just tacked to the back of the apron so they can adjust as needed to the wearer.

The ties started out at 3 inches wide then iron flat with the seam in the center. I put a line of stitching in the center which offers a bit of structure to the ties.

Reinforced stress points on the pockets and hanging loop.

This is an XL large apron in my opinion.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.