Monday, October 22, 2018

Red Denim Snug Half Apron

I started with an extra large red denim men`s shirt.  I paired it with a small amount of red and white small print 100% cotton fabric.

I cut the shirt straight across under the arm holes. 
I measured 6.5 inches from the side seam and trimmed the buttonhole and button pieces off the shirt. I hemmed the sides of the apron with a wide hem.

I created a waist band from the denim and sewed that onto the top edge of the apron leaving about .5 inch beyond the side seam.

I created a pocket which was 9 inches tall and 10 inches wide. With a snug apron the pocket needs to have some fullness in order for one to get their hand inside.   I hemmed the top edge and created 2 small pleats in the bottom edge of the pocket making it a square pocket. I sewed it onto the right hand side of the apron with top stitch.

From the print fabric I cut three stripes 3 inches wide and 35 inches long.  These when sewn together created a strip 105 inches long.  I wanted them long so they could wrap around and tie in front. I pointed the ends and sewed the strip closed leaving a space in order to turn it inside out.

I sewed the ties by aligning the center of the ties with the center of the apron. I stitched it to the waist band of the apron top and bottom.  This closed the space left to turn it over and adhered it securely to the apron.

This apron will work well for a slim person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.