Monday, October 22, 2018

Grey Pinstripe Smock Apron with Red accents

I started with a Ralph Lauren grey pinstripe 16.5/36 L men`s shirt.

I decided on red bias tape around the neckline and the arm holes.

I used one of the long sleeves for the patch pockets onto which I added red bias tape on the slant edge.

I used the other long sleeve for the waist ties. I cut the stripe 2 1/4 inches wide and 80 inches long. I ironed the sides into the center then ironed it in half.  I top stitched the ties with red thread and created square ends.  This fabric would have been too heavy to turn a tied inside out.

















It includes my standard features of a hanging loop at the back, tacked tied to allow them to adjust as needed, reinforced stress points on the patch pockets and the ties long enough to tie in front.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.