Wednesday, November 4, 2015

Card - Special Invitation


I was asked to make this card by one friend for another who is going through a transition in her life.

I started with an ivory parchment card in half sheet size (letter folded in half).  I then cut a Bazzil Mocha Divine textured piece of card stock down to 8.00x5.00 inches.  I wrapped a wide gold ribbon across the top and another across the bottom and wrapped the ends to the back and taped them down.  I then chose a piece of warm taupe cotton lace.  I pulled a length of ivory & gold 1/8 inch satin ribbon through it then taped it's ends to the back of the brown layer.  I used a Zot to hold the center down.  I color printed the words in brown onto vellum and then embossed it when clear powder. I cut it with the largest framelit from the Apothecary set. I added brown small flower punchies from the same card stock as the accent layer and then an iridescent flower sequin held in place with a tiny gold brad at each end .  This will help to keep everything together. I added large Zots to each corner for an extra measure of adhesion. I die cut a butterfly with the largest framelit from the Sizzix Winged Beauties set from the same brown textured card stock.  I held it in place with 3 small Zots on the body allowing the wings to come away from the card.  This adds a great dimension to the card. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.