Thursday, September 14, 2017

One Thousand Gifts - Session 2 - Grace in the Moment

I am leading this bible study tonight - One Thousand Gifts Bible Study - A Dare to Live Fully Right Where You Are by Ann Voskamp.
Nine of us met tonight to share and learn.
I look forward to a time of slowing down, being intentional, checking my attitude and increasing my gratitude.

Session 2 - Grace in the Moment

Ann this week talks about how to live our one life well.  When we give our undivided attention to the moments of life; time slows and there is enough time.

It has been studied and proven that those who take pen to paper and maintain a gratitude list of gifts enjoy:
1. Absence of Stress
2. Progress in Personal Goals
3. Higher levels of Energy
4. Feel closer in their Relationhips
5. Experience a 25% increase in Happiness

Who does not want that!!

Another subject Ann covers this week is the hard gifts which come our way.  She was eager to take the good, easy, nice gifts but there are hard things that come.  These too come from God. How can you open a hand to the easy and close the hand to the hard. You can not.

She recounts a story of an injury her son sustained and she had to come to terms that we must accept all things that come.  God has a plan.


2 comments:

  1. Sylvia - I have started my "I am thankful for ..." list - you are right that we often do not want to accept the hard gifts- sometimes people even turn from God because they think there cannot be a God that allows bad things to happen. Your message will help me talk to them about this. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Angie, I'm so glad you left me a comment. I will be posting for each session here so please come back each week. Sylvia

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.