Tuesday, May 7, 2024

Cards - All Occasion - Watercolor

Another set of cards while I wait for the drywall mud to dry.

I chose to make some watercolor background paper early this morning. I used liquid mixed media paper.

Once it was dry and flattened I cut it into pieces. This is 4.00 x 5.25 inches. I chose to loosely trace some flowers. I then painted them with watercolor. These are blue.  Once dry again, I outlined in black permanent marker.

I chose a SU Brilliant Blue A2 card base.  I adhered the watercolor with double sided tape, added a white insert and a white envelope.

Ready to press under books overnight.

I drew a meadow and tree with a 4H pencil then watercolored the image. 

The blue horizon line was on the background paper so I had to work with it.

I painted the stems then added the flowers a bit later.

Once all was dry, I outlined a few things with the black permanent maker and added the birds in the sky.

I mounted the watercolor to a SU Groovy Guava A2 card base.  Glued a white quarter sheet insert and pulled a white envelope.


This was the left over piece from the watercolor background I made this morning.

I started by adding a light blue wash across the whole piece to cut down the white spaces.

I then used a plastic doily to create some marks but I was not as successful as I had hoped. My brush was too wet in places.

I then used a bottle cap dipped in the dark blue watercolor to add some circles keeping it to odd numbers. 

Once I added yellow to 2 of the circles then I cut a length of yellow grosgrain ribbon and mounted diagonally across the piece.  Still need something so i went to my brad stash and found this yellow postage stamp brad.  

That was what it needed.  I chose a SU Summer Sun A2 card base, added an insert and an envelope and it will join the others under books overnight.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting. I love to read your comments.